Pursuing a Career in Recruiting
According to LinkedIn, the current global situation has been tough on many businesses, but recruiting is one of the most in-demand jobs out there. This is because companies are always looking for new talent to join their team.
Award Staffing is no different – we’re always looking for driven, passionate individuals to join our team of recruiters! So, if you’ve ever been interested in a career in recruiting or just simply looking for a career change, now is the perfect time to get started.
What is a Recruiter?
As the first point of contact between Award Staffing and its potential new hires, recruiters play a vital role in the company’s success. Without talented and dedicated recruiters, Award Staffing would not be able to maintain its high standards or fill the numerous positions it does every year. A recruiter’s job is not an easy one, but it is an important one.
A recruiter must be able to find the right candidates for each position, taking into account not only their skills and experience but also their personality and fit for our clients. They must also be able to screen candidates effectively, weed out any who are not a good match, and finally hire the best of the best.
Becoming a Recruiter at Award Staffing
So, what does it take to become a recruiter Award Staffing?
Ask yourself, “Am I an extraverted people person with a desire to work in a purpose-driven, fast-paced, and team-based environment?” If your answer is “yes,” then Award Staffing may be your place.
A typical day as a recruiter includes:
• Screening and interviewing job applicants.
• Working closely with clients on assigned accounts to fill job openings for their staffing needs.
• Utilize various job boards to source and recruit candidates, both over the phone and in person.
• Supervise and manage temporary employee performance on a day-to-day basis.
• Administer background checks, drug tests, skills tests, and other pre-assignment requirements to job candidates.
• Maintain compliance by ensuring proper procedures and documentation is captured and handled – I-9, e-verify, background checks, etc.
We are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our team of recruiters! So, if you have ever been interested in a career in recruiting or are simply looking for a career change, now is the perfect time to get started.
Traits of a Successful Award Staffing Recruiter
So, what does it take to be a successful recruiter? A successful recruiter at Award Staffing is someone who is:
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to connect with people and build relationships quickly
• Able to take and respond to a high volume of inbound phone calls from clients and candidates each day (with an excellent phone manner)
• Superior ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of tasks
• Highly competitive and results-driven
• The desire to build relationships with colleagues
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Believe they are making a difference in people’s lives by connecting them through meaningful work
• Experience using Microsoft Suite
• Excellent customer service skills
• High school diploma or equivalent (required)
Areas Unsuccessful Recruiters Struggle With
Recruiting is a challenging and rewarding field, and at Award Staffing, we offer a supportive and collaborative environment where you can thrive.
However, recruiting is not for everyone. There are some areas that unsuccessful recruiters tend to struggle with, including:
• Weekly performance goals
• Making a high volume of phone calls
• Assisting clients and candidates with issues
• A fast-paced environment and competitive environment
Professional and Personal Growth
A career in recruitment could provide you with opportunities to develop skills that contribute to your professional growth. For example, communication, critical thinking, and organization are essential skills that can be applied to future positions and help you advance your career in the industry.
Here at Award, we know that our employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we strive to promote from within whenever possible. By developing your skills and gaining experience as a recruiter, you could put yourself in line for an internal promotion to a management or leadership position. Not only does this provide career advancement opportunities for our employees, but it also helps to ensure that our management team has a deep understanding of our company culture and values.
Your Next Steps
We offer a comprehensive training program to teach you everything you need to know about being a successful recruiter. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with some of the top companies in the world. If you’re ready to start your career in recruiting, complete the form, attach your resume, and we’ll be in touch about starting a recruiting career with Award Staffing!
"*" indicates required fields