We live in a digital world – texting has saturated our daily communications. Take a look at these statistics from Sara Pollock, ClearCompany.
• Global phone usage is expected to surpass the 5 billion mark by 2019.
• 80% of people are now using text messaging for business in some form or fashion.
• Texts, on average, have a 97% open rate.
• 64% of consumers are likely to have a positive perception of companies that offer communication via text.
• 90% of consumers prefer texting over calling and email.
• 91% of smartphone users consider content access to be very important with SMS.
It’s only logical then that texting would permeate the world of recruiting. Millennials, 35% of the workforce, and GenZ, (expected to be 25% of the workforce by 2020) are strong advocates of employer/employee connections and quick responses. Since Baby Boomers are retiring in droves, bringing texting into recruiting ensures your process accommodates this up and coming workforce. It’s a solid business strategy – pure and simple. Here are ten reasons why. Texting:
1. Allows a company to stand out from companies who haven’t implemented it into their recruiting process.
2. Enables companies to connect with talent quickly and efficiently – a faster avenue to answers and engagement.
3. Accommodates Millenials – the principal portion of today’s workforce. 76% of respondents to an OpenMarket survey consider texting to not only be more convenient but also more adaptive to their schedule.
4. Is the preferred means of communication for both Millennials and Gen Z. Using it builds their trust in a company.
5. Draws more responses than phone calls. – while many individuals ignore calls from unsolicited and unrecognized numbers, more than 90% of texts are read within three minutes of being sent.
6. Improves time-to-hire.
7. Creates a more agile experience for talent, which increases positive responses.
8. Personalizes the process because it reaches talent – including passive candidates – on their playing field in a non-obtrusive way.
9. Reaches multiple generations. After all, more than 75% of adults (in the US) have a cell phone – which is almost always within reach.
10. Ensures post-application responses, which builds a relationship with candidates.
Consider these statistics, also gleaned from Pollock’s article.
• 73% of job seekers prefer to receive targeted job opportunities via text.
• 78% of candidates who own smartphones would apply for a new job through their mobile device.
• 45% of job seekers search for jobs daily on their mobile device.
• 89% of job seekers think mobile devices play a critical role in the job-hunting process.
• 53% of candidates trust a company more when it reaches out quickly.
Attracting and engaging talent has become more and more challenging. Staying ahead of the recruiting game by employing the latest tools is crucial. One of those tools is texting, which simplifies the entire recruiting process, not only reducing cost but also increasing the speed and convenience of connections. It connects companies and candidates, keeps everyone on the same page during the process, and in general improves the candidate experience, which places texting companies ahead of the pack.
If you’re looking to hire the best talent in the business, contact Award Staffing. We will be able to help you find the right employees for your unique business needs. If you’re searching for more tips and trick on how to improve your company’s workforce, check out our hiring solutions blog.
FINDING YOUR TALENT
Want to learn more about how Award Staffing can help your organization with your staffing and employment needs? Start by providing our team with a few pieces of information about yourself, and we will take care of the rest.